Germantown MD 20874
- Systems administrator with 20 years windows server experience and 8 years Linux server experience.
- MSSQL and MySQL Database Administration, development, design, and maintenance.
- Have successfully managed high availability and disaster recovery of production systems for Corporate Sectors and Individual Organizations.
- Experienced in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks.
- Good analytical, problem-solving skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- IIS, Apache, and Nginx performance tuning, virtual hosting, SSL, load balancing, high availability and disaster recovery
- Vmware ESXi6 server performance tuning configure QOS standards, High availability, Clustering, VMotion, Storage Vmotion, VSphere Cloning and Snapshots
- Converted legacy production servers to virtual servers with minimal downtime.
- Server Operating Systems: Red hat Linux 5.x, 6.x , CentOS 5 and CentOS 6, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012
- Workstation Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10
- Application Servers: IIS 6 ,7, 7.5, 8, Tomcat 8.0, 8.5, JBoss AS 7.1.1.Final, apache 2.X , Nginx 1.7, 1.9
- Databases: MSSQL 2005, 2008, 2012, 2014, MySQL 5.1, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7
- High Availability: Windows Clustering, VMWare Clustering, WordPress and Drupal clustering, DFS, MSSQL Log Shipping, Mirroring, Availability Groups, Mysql Replication, Percona XtraDB Cluster, F5 Load balancing, lsync
- Disaster Recovery: Hot, Warm, Cold.
- Automation: Windows Deployment Services, Puppet
- Scripting: Powershell, Python, Bash, vbscript
- Windows Administration: AD, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, RDP, WDS, RIS
- Firewall: Cisco ASA 5506, 5510, 5515, 5525 GUI and SSH SonicWall TZ105, TZ205 and TZ215,
- Storage: Nimble, Netapp, EMC
- AWS Services: Ec2, EBS, EFS, VPC, RDS, S3, IAM, Cloud Watch, Route53, SNS, SQS, API Gateway, Network and Classic Load Balancer
- Cloud: AWS, Azure
- Switches and Wireless: Cisco Nexus Switches 7000 and 9000, SF300, Sonicpoints
- Control Panels: Cpanel, phpMyAdmin
- CMS: Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal
- Compliance: HIPAA and PCI
- Email: Office 365, Postfix, Dovecot, Roundcube, Exchange 2007, 2010, Smartermail
- Other: Office 2007, 2010, SBS 2003, 2008
SalientCRGT September 2018 to Present Rockville MD
LAMP Systems Engineer 3
- Analyze and define client’s business strategy and determine system architecture requirements to achieve business goals
- Formulate strategic plans for component development to sustain future project objectives
- Suggest architectural improvements, design and integration solutions, and formulate methodologies to optimize object-oriented software and database development
- Diagnose and repair Unix errors, and implement solutions to improve efficiency
- Designing and implementation of public and private facing websites on AWS Cloud
- Migrating from On-Premise Infrastructure to AWS Cloud
- Focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto scaling using AWS Scalr
- Used AWS Route 53 for configuring the High-Availability and Disaster recovery to make the environment up and running in case of any unexpected disaster
Department of Energy February 2018 to September 2018 Germantown MD
Senior System Engineer
- Recommended and implemented VMware virtualization upgraded.
- Provided subject matter expertise in project management.
- Provided engineer tier 3 support for SharePoint 2013 and Windows 10 image deployments.
- Create test plans and POC for new products.
- Recommended improvements to current infrastructure.
Midlantech March 2017 to February 2018 Gaithersburg MD
Senior System Engineer
- Configure VMWare 6.0 Cluster
- Configure Hyper-V Server 2012 and Server 2016 Cluster
- Configure S2D Server 2016
- Manage storage appliances (Pure, 3Par, Lefthand)
- Connect clusters to LUNs from storage appliances
- Configure Zerto for DR to Colo location
- Write scripts (powershell, batch and bash) for automation.
- Configure Fault tolerance, HA, DR, for application and infrastructure.
DFCU Financial October 2016 to March 2017 Dearborn MI
- Configure windows server 2012 for various applications ASP.NET, CA,
- Configure RHEL for various applications, MySQL, PHP,
- Keep all assigned IT components operational throughout work day.
- Manage documentation on all configurations.
- Update main core systems on a monthly basis,
- Document procedures for preventative maintenance of core systems.
- Configure and support applications such as OnBase, Sharepoint, Automate
Independent Contractor, January 2016 to October 2016 Sterling Heights MI
- Setup and configure stacked network switches HP and Dell
- Setup and configure vLAN on switches
- Setup and configure Sonicwall and Cisco ASA ACL, trunking
- Determine improvements in speed of the operations and processes of the network
- Setup and configure VPN for remote access users
- Create level 3 network diagrams as well as document all port assignments
Edge Hosting, April 2013 to November 2015 Baltimore MD
Sales Engineer, July 2014 to November 2015 Baltimore MD
Work as a liaison between sales, implementations and support.
- Configure Windows Server 2008 and 2012 for high availability and/or disaster recovery
- Configure MSSQL 2012 and 2014 high availability using Log Shipping, Mirroring, Availability Groups
- Configure MySQL 5.5 and 5.6 for high availability using Mysql Replication, Percona XtraDB Cluster
- Configure IIS and apache for high availability
- Configure F5 load balancer for web application high availability
- Configure DFS or lsync for file synchronization for high availability and/or disaster recovery
- Document all configurations of each server
- Create standard operating procedure per client request.
- Write custom scripts, using PowerShell, php, or bash per client request
- Use puppet and WDS to deploy system images to new servers.
- Create technical documents for sales team to be able to talk tech to low tech audience.
- Configured AWS environments for DR
- Create weekly 1 hour training for sales about new or existing products and services.
- Work with sales to help build customer solutions while working within budget and manage expectations.
- Provide customers the best solution, develop network diagrams and tell “the story” of how their environment will work
- Document all technical requirements and design technical solutions utilizing enterprise architecture standards including documenting all solution components and configurations
- Build relationships, with clients, program managers and IT team, and c-level executives.
- Mentor new and junior staff as to best practices when dealing with customer issues.
- Attend Trades shows and conferences
Implementations Engineer, April 2013 to July 2014 Baltimore MD
Work with new customers to migrate and setup
- Configure, implement, deliver, and maintain Redhat/CentOS server environments
- Configure, implement, deliver, and maintain Windows server environments
- Migrate windows and Linux based websites from different hosting companies.
- Migrate databases from different hosting companies
- Setup and configure IIS and Apache
- Help new and existing client get connected to their servers via ssh or rdp
- Walk clients through the process of setting up websites, database, and create new users.
- Maintain DNS records for website and email
- Create custom applications and scripts to aid clients.
- Handle any problems, questions, or concerns a client may have.
- Handle approximately 20 clients at a given time.
Independent Contractor, Custom Network, March 2012 to March 2013, Baltimore MD
Deploy Administer and maintain multiple network environments. Insure business integrity and security.
- Maintain various network infrastructures running multiple Network operating systems.
- Setup and maintain Cisco and Sonicwall
- Setup and maintain WYSE terminal thin clients for public use.
- Setup and configure Terminal Servers for access remote access
- Setup OWA for email access on smart phones, home pc, and tablets.
- Provide Tier-2 and Tier-3 support to both on-site and remote users
Best Buy Geek Squad, March 2008 to May 2012, Washington DC
Supporting, designing, and implementing hardware/software in the corporate network.
Geek Squad Sales Excellence Manager March 2011 to May 2012
- Travel to 13 Best Buy Locations throughout the Baltimore area.
- Coordinate monthly training with the all stores, geek squad agents and field agents, area managers, as well as store managers.
- Review numbers with department supervisors and provide suggestions as how to reach better numbers.
- In the first 4 months improved Baltimore Territory from the 19th percentile to the 90th percentile in the company.
- Create procedures to be followed in all stores to maintain good numbers as well as create action plans for failing stores.
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and attitude under stressful conditions.
Geek Squad Business Systems Administrator September 2009 to March 2011
- Setup Server 2008, Active Directory, Exchange 2008, IIS,
- Perform routine backups to disk/tape via Backup Exec. and Windows Server Backup using iSCSI to network storage devices.
- Configure switches, Router, Wireless access points, (CISCO, SonicWall, Juniper)
- Roll-out critical patches for servers.
- Create documentation for software and hardware.
- Manage Blackberry Enterprise Server, DNS, DHCP, RRAS, and basic Citrix administration.
- Provide customers with non-technical descriptions of what is wrong and set clear explanation on what is needed to resolve the issue.
- Manage time and client information without supervision
Geek Squad System Analyst December 2008 to September 2009
- Maintained trouble-ticket system to record and track user calls and e-mails.
- Performed routine maintenance and user file backups.
- Actively tracked and followed up on trouble tickets, reducing average response time from 3 days to 24 hours.
- Created and edited documentation for installation and training manuals.
- Built, maintained, and repaired computer systems to improve speed, reliability, and efficiency of operation.
Best Buy Sales Associate March 2008 to December 2008
- Provide Customers with the proper knowledge when purchasing computers and electric equipment
- Report end of day numbers to Supervisor with receipts and paperwork
- Assist multiple customers while working under stressful conditions
Multisoft Technology Training Center, December 2006 to December 2007, Oneonta, NY
- Active Directory, Exchange Server setup and migration, Virtual Server Administration
- Remote Installation Services used to in classrooms to provide instructors with fresh images every week.
- Provide free training and exams to intern in exchange for real work experience.
Pitney Bowes, April 2001 to May 2002, Sacramento, CA
- Install, Maintain, and Repair the DM1000 mailing system.
- Take care of customer issues while providing training to prevent future issues.
- Provide documentation on all work done for customers.
- Train new employees to work on mailing system
US Navy, August 1997 to August 2001, San Diego, CA
- Provide new shipmates with guidance training and motivation.
- Provide help to IT department for running cable and setting up Server NT 4.0 system.
- Setup department computers to run off the network and utilize the ships file servers.
- Setup ships intranet to make running departments easier under the guidance of the CO XO and department heads.
- Associates Applied Science in Computer Science, Utica School of Commerce Oneonta, Utica NY 2003-2005
- Carnegie Sales Training 2013, 2014
- MCSE Training MultiSoft Technology Training Center, 2007
- Advanced Electronics Training, US Navy, 2001
- Security+ 2016, A+ 2007, Net+ 2007, MCDST 2007, Microsoft Certified Partner 2007
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- US Navy Veteran American Legion Post 348